This Page is Currently Under Construction!
To jump right in to the walkthrough, click here.
The circle walkthrough provides a step-by-step breakdown with correlative flex project demonstrating all of the major functionality concepts in the FlexUnit 4.x framework, using, in most cases, a custom
Circle class in order to teach said functionality. This walkthrough is intended to teach the following concepts in the order listed:
- Basic Tests
- -Test Methods and Test Cases
- -Basic Assertions
- Ignored Tests
- -Standard Matchers
- Expected Errors and Error Handling
- Before and After
- Basic Theories
- -Theory Methods
- -Theories Runner
- Complex Theories
- -Using Complex Objects as DataPoints
- External Data Loading
- -Loaders and IExternalDependencyLoader
- -Mockolate framework
- Parameterized Testing
- -Parameterized Runner
- Running Tests From flexunit 1
These walkthroughs assume you are working in FlashBuilder 4. Several of the steps will assume you are working with a minimum FlexUnit version of 4.1 beta. Additionally, some of the steps require you to be building against Flex SDK 4.x and have at least a basic/cursory knowledge of Flex 4 component construction (for the purposes of the example, very basic knowledge).
Setting up the Project in Flash Builder
[Download] the fxp project file and import it as a new Flex Project.
File and Folder Descriptions
- Step[n].mxml - The main application corresponding to the current step number (n).
- SampleCircleLayout.mxml - A demonstration application for using the
CircleLayout, a custom layout. Used in Steps 09 and 10.
- /assets/ - Contains assets which are used in applications or test cases.
- /flexUnitTests/ - Contains sub-projects for test classes used in each step.
- /com/allurent/flexunit2/vfu/ - Contains classes for visual comparison, directly imported from the Visual Flex Unit framework. Used in Step 13.
- /cases/ - Contains test cases and classes used in Steps 12 and 13 (custom rules).
- /net/digitalprimates/ - Contains custom classes used for test scenarios.
To Download the Circle Walkthrough Flex Project, click [here].